It has been three months since the inception of the Central Vermont Food, Fuel, and Transportation Coalition and much has happened! The Central Vermont community has truly mobilized around the needs for this winter to work in partnership.
Participants have organized action teams to address critical areas of need. Below is an overview of current efforts:
Food Action Team:
- Has written articles features in The World
- Planned several canning workshops throughout Washington county—dates and places to be announced
- Planning a large scale food drive for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- The Vermont Foodbank now lists all area Food Shelves
- Coordinated food donations from Berlin Elementary School to the Central Vermont Community Action Council’s Food Shelf
Weatherization Action Team:
- Has written several informative articles features in The World
- Distributed copies of a weatherization workshop throughout Central Vermont
- Contacted each town’s energy committee/person to encourage Town Energy Fairs and supported individual town’s energy fairs.
- Supported Button-Up workshops and followed up with towns that did not sign up initially
- Started a conversation with landlords about the how to best ensure their tenants and apartments stay heated this winter
Education and Awareness Action Team:
- Coordinated weekly articles in The World
- Created and disseminated a winter preparedness information card.
- Creating a PSA for the radio
For additional information or to volunteer contract Kate Binns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 229-9532.