VT DEC is now accepting applications for financial assistance at brownfield projects in Vermont. Assistance VT DEC can provide is in the form of a grant of services to conduct Phase I, Phase II, Corrective Action Planning and Implementation of Corrective Action. The link to the application is here: http://www.anr.state.vt.us/dec/wastediv/SMS/RCPP/Direct-Assistance.htm
VT DEC is asking that you submit your application by January 2, 2015 to be considered for the first round of funding. There is a limited amount of funding this year, so VT DEC will try to fund smaller dollar requests or assist with a portion of the costs at a site. CVRPC staff are available to assist with your application. Contact Kim McKee at email@example.com.
Send applications to Waste Management and Prevention Division, Brownfields Program, 1 National Life Drive – Davis 1, Montpelier, VT 05620 OR BETTER YET electronically to Patricia.Coppolino@state.vt.us
If you have any questions please feel free to call me or any of the brownfield staff: Lynda, Matt, Michael or Sarah
Trish Coppolino, Brownfields Program Manager
1 National Life Drive – Davis 1
Montpelier, VT 05620-3704
To meet the growing demand for bicycling facilities VTrans is kicking off an exciting new initiative, the VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan. The Plan will help guide improvements along Vermont state highways to work better and be safer for all bicyclists — families, commuters and recreational riders.
Get involved! You can contribute by identifying where you ride and where you want to ride by:
- Attending the project public meeting. The first meeting will be on December 9, 2014 from 6pm to 8pm. The meeting will be broadcasted using Vermont interactive Technologies (VIT) throughout the state. Find a locationconvenient to you.
- Adding to the VTrans On-Road Bicycle WikiMap
- Telling your friends and neighbors to participate. Forward this email or post it on your local Front Porch Forum or hang up a flyer.
Phase 1. Over the next six months, and with YOUR help, VTrans will:
- Collect information from the public about where they ride and where bicyclists want to ride on State roads.
- Use this information to identify several tiers of bicycle corridors ranging from most desirable for bicycling to the least desirable for bicycling; and
- Set the stage for where we should focus needed bicycle improvements.
Public input is critical to the success of this project. We thank you for helping to make the project a success by sharing your thoughts and creating project awareness by connecting others.
If you have questions or comments related to this project, please contact VTrans Planning Coordinators:
Sommer Bucossi at 802-828-3884 and Amy Bell at 802-828-2678
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Project Review Committee will be meeting at CVRPC Offices on Monday, Nov. 10 to meet with the applicant for the proposed Berlin Mall LLC (“Kohl’s) Act 250 application. View agenda.