Commemorative Tree Planting Grants Available
The Vermont Urban and Community Forestry Program is celebrating 25 years as a program!
To help us commemorate this important milestone, we are asking our partners at the local level to join us in the celebration by doing our favorite thing: planting trees. Through this one time opportunity, we are offering $25,000 in grants – up to $1,000 a piece – for 2016. Next year, we plan to bring back our traditional grant program, Communities Caring for Canopy.
Be part the celebration and let’s continue to make Vermont a shade better together.
Proposals are due April 16th, 2016
General Grant Information
· Projects must include planting a tree and take place in Vermont.
· Grants are up to $1,000.
· Each applicant may only apply for one grant.
· Grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
· Projects should begin on or after June 1st and must be completed by December 31st, 2016.
· To help us share all the good work and extend the celebrations across Vermont, grantees will be required to capture the tree planting event with photos that we will share through various media outlets.
- Grant Overview: See our overview document to help answer questions you may have about the grant program and filling out the application.
- Grant Applications: Grant applications are available in MS Word with fillable forms. If you need another format, let us know.
- Grant Application Questions: Danielle Fitzko, Program Coordinator, 802.598.9992
- Project Development Questions: Elise Schadler, Community Outreach Specialist, 802.881.1256
- Grant Submission Questions: Wendy Richardson, Administrative Assistant, 802.828.1531
Supporting Your Grant Application
More information can be found at http://www.vtcommunityforestry.org/resources/financial-technical-assistance/commemorative-tree-planting-grants