Regional Emergency Management Committee
LEPC #5 Transitioning to Central Vermont REMC
CVRPC will be providing administrative support to the Central Vermont Regional Emergency Management Committee (REMC). REMCs are the new all-hazards group formed to coordinate emergency planning and preparedness in each region following the consolidation of LEPCs into one statewide LEPC.
Central Vermont REMC Background and Key Duties
The Central Vermont REMC will coordinate and support regional all-hazards activities (planning, training, and exercising), in partnership with Vermont Emergency Management (VEM), the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), and the new Statewide Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC). CVRPC provides administrative support, including taking meeting minutes, with funding from VEM. REMCs will have access to competitive grant funding (e.g., Homeland Security, Hazard Mitigation).
The Central Vermont REMC will:
- Meet at least quarterly.
- Develop and maintain.
Regional Implementation Plan that includes.
- Regional contact information
- Regional resources
- Regional mutual aid agreements
REMC voting members will consist of 2 members from each municipality in the region: 1 EMDs/EMCs and 1 representative from the emergency services community (fire, EMS, etc.)
Representatives from fire departments, emergency medical services, law enforcement, media, transportation, hospitals, the department of health district office, organizations serving vulnerable populations, and any other interested public or private individual or organization, are welcome to attend and participate.
**Tier 2 Reporting**
Tier 2 reports were previously sent to LEPC#5. Following the consolidation of LEPCs into one statewide LEPC, please send Tier 2 reports to DPS.StatewideLEPC@vermont.gov.
More information coming soon!
- Minutes & Agendas
- Board of Commissioners
- Executive Committee
- Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Municipal Plan Review Committee
- Project Review Committee
- Regional Plan Committee
- Clean Water Advisory Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Executive Director Search Committee
- Personnel Policy Review Committee
- Central Vermont Mobility Advisory Committee
- Winooski Basin Water Quality Council
- Brownfields Advisory Committee
- Bylaws Work Group
- Archives: Minutes, Agendas, and Packets
- Board of Commissioners Archive
- Executive Committee Archive
- Transportation Advisory Committee Archive
- Municipal Plan Review Committee Archive
- Project Review Committee Archive
- Regional Plan Committee Archive
- Clean Water Advisory Committee Archive
- Bylaws Work Group Archive
- Regional Energy Committee Archive
- Personnel Policy Review Committee Archive
- CVRPC Search Committee Archive
- Brownfields Advisory Committee Archive
- Nominating Committee Archive
- Regional Elders and Persons with Disabilities Advisory Committee Archive
- Contact Us
- Financial Audits
- Regional Emergency Management Committee
- Operating Policies