Project Review Committee
CVRPC actively participates in Act 250/Section 248 hearing processes and other relevant review processes on projects of substantial regional significance for the purpose of advancing the goals and objectives of the 2016 Regional Plan.
Substantial regional significance is defined as having substantial and ongoing impact on 2 or more municipalities, including the host municipality. In addition, any project which proposes to: increase the total number of year round housing units in its host municipality by more than 2%; or create more than 30 housing units of any type; or create more than 5 affordable housing units is also considered to be of substantial regional significance.
- Act 250: Act 250 is Vermont’s development and control law, established in 1970. The law provides a public, quasi-judicial process for reviewing and managing the environmental, social and fiscal consequences of major subdivisions and development in Vermont through the issuance of land use permits. Search the Act 250 database for permit information and documents associated with a project.
- Section 248: Section 248 of Title 30 requires companies to obtain a Certificate of
Public Good from the Public Service Board (PSB) before beginning site
preparation or construction of electric transmission facilities,
electric generation facilities and certain gas pipelines within Vermont. Search Recent Public Service Board Orders for recent orders entered and Certificates of Public Good issued.
Committee Representation, Procedures and Operating Guidelines
The Project Review Committee makes determinations on behalf of the full Commission regarding conformance or non-conformance with the Regional Plan based on information provided. The Project Review Committee consists of a standing body of five municipal commissioners and one alternate.
The Project Review Committee meets monthly, as needed, on the fourth Thursday of the month at 4:00 p.m. at the CVRPC offices, 29 Main Street, Suite 4, Montpelier. Please check the CVRPC calendar to confirm that a meeting is being held this month, or call the office at 802-229-0389.
Committee members include the following Commission members:
- Lee Cattaneo, Orange
- Janet Shatney, Barre City
- Robert Wernecke, Berlin
- John Brabant, Calais
- Gabe Lajeunesse, Montpelier alternate
- Bill Arrand, Worcester (Alternate Member)
For current agendas and minutes – link here
- Municipal Energy Planning
- Regional Energy Planning
- Community and Economic Development
- Regional Planning
- Municipal Planning
- GIS Mapping
- Emergency Management
- Local Food Systems
- Forest Integrity & Forest Stewardship